The purpose of the Italian Heritage Dante Association is to foster and develop social relations among its members, to foster pride in Italian heritage by promoting appreciation of Italian culture and its contribution to the American social order.
Who can join?
Anyone who is interested in Italians, the Italian language, and Italian culture!
- Monthly subscription to our newsletter
- Discounted rates at events
- Discounted rate on hall rentals (must be in good standing for 6 months)
- Italian language course discount
- Scholarship opportunities (Kern County High School seniors with grand/parent memberships - additional consideration for students who are active members
- Access to a network of Italian-Americans in a variety of community organizations
- Supporting a not-profit organization in Kern County
Cost to Join
- Single Membership ($50)
- Couple, under the age of 75 ($75)
- Senior membership, 75 years+ ($40 for a single and $60 for a couple)
Monthly dinners; fundraiser's (We raise money to give annual scholarships to qualifying high school graduates of Italian heritage.): Sera Fortunata (a reverse drawing dinner); Italian Picnic, Italian language classes/private lessons; trips to different venues to enjoy Italian cultural events …and more. The club is available for weddings and other gatherings as well.
The IHDA board meets monthly at the IHDA hall. Members meet to enjoy our monthly dinners (delicious, 5 course Italian dinners) on the first Wednesday of each month. We meet on the first Wednesday of each month for dinner and second Sunday each month for brunch at 4415 Wilson Road, Bakersfield, CA.
Why you should join.
It is fun to meet and enjoy socializing with others of Italian heritage/descent and/or to learn about the Italian culture of one’s family and friends.
Join us for our first Wednesday of the month dinner: $25 for non-members $20 for members, reservations required. Call 661-831-0867; please leave message if no one answers. Mimosa Brunch is held on the second Sunday of each month, no reservation required.
Membership applications can be picked up during the week from our office Monday, Tuesday, or Friday from 8:30AM- 2:00PM.
Call (661) 831-0867 or come to 4415 Wilson Road between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.